Unfortunately, there is no candidate for my proposed subject of wireline and wireless convergence until now, so I’d like to say more about the topic and suggest an additional topic.
Firstly, as I suggested before, it is about convergence between wireline and wireless services. Before the systematic convergence, the integrations of wireline and wireless services are tried in various forms such as DPS(Double Play Services), TPS(Tribple Play Services), QPS(Quadruple play services).
we can talk more to select issues as follows
- regulations and policies related to Fixed Mobile Convergence
- the market direction of wire-line and wireless integrated services (service bundling)
- the evolution of service integration & service convergence
- the factors to decide service feature of integration and convergence
- convergence service platform technologies
- ip-based backbone network
If there is no person who is interested in the first topic, my second topic is about internet telephony - VoIP. We will survey current services - voip over internet or wireless, and regulations and policies with comparison between USA and Korea.
I’m look forward to your joining. :)
Name: SangChoon, Lee
Research interests: Network Evolution and Convergence
Education : Ph.D candidate in TEMEP program at Seoul National University. MS and BS in Infomation and Telecommunication Engineering at ChonBuk National University, Korea.