24 February 2009

A couple of telecom-related URLs

I need to break the "radio silence" ... I've been pretty busy with administrative projects and travel, so blogging has taken a back seat.

I have been working on dynamic spectrum access (DSA) for a number of years now. A paper on one of my projects, together with Arnon Tonmukayakul, is coming out in Netnomics shortly. In addition, I presented a paper on DSA and the FCC White Spaces decision at the recent iConference. Hopefully, the papers will be made available soon.

So, given this, I found this site to be of interest. You can use it to find the TV white spaces at a particular address.

If you go back through this blog, you'll find that I have been interested in (OK, critical of) comparative studies of broadband penetration. So, I found this site interesting, which looks at broadband from the point of view of connectivity rather than penetration. From this perspective, rankings (for what they're worth) look quite different.

No comments: